A new organization in the US helps provide solar lights to adults and children in impoverished countries so they can have a better future. by Anna Sidana
Imagine that you live in rural Africa in a hut with no electricity. The only way to light your dwelling at night for your children to study is to burn kerosene. The kerosene lantern fills your home with toxic smoke that poisons the very air your children breathe and pollutes the environment. It is highly flammable and accidents are common. It is so expensive that it consumes one-third of your income, yet you have no alternative … except living in darkness.
Click here to keep reading and see the full article: OML in Humaneity Magazine – July 2010