One Million Lights and Energizer have been partners since 2011 raising awareness for the need for safe and healthy lighting around the world. Through the Energizer Night Race for a Brighter World – a series of night races taking place across the globe – Energizer pledged 11 million hours of solar light in 2011, 12 million in 2012, 13 million in 2013 and is happy to announce that they will be pledging 14 million hours of solar light in 2014.
Energizer and One Million Lights are working together to distribute the lights in rural villages that are off the electric grid in five regions: Latin America, Ethiopia, South Africa, Indonesia and the Philippines. Each distribution is overseen by a One Million Lights representative or a trusted local partner. The recipients’ need is based on existing knowledge and research of locations and communities – villages and schools.
See how Energizer and One Million Lights are benefiting communities around the globe through the Energizer Night Races for a Brighter World:
Recent News from the field
- Energizer Lighting Make the Community Rural– SWA, August 25,2013
- Residents of West Java Solar Light will help– Suaramerdeka, August 24, 2013
- Energizer Electrifies 6 villages with 1200 Solar LED Lights– Liputan 6 News, August 23, 2013
Energizer for a Brighter World In the News
- A Nighttime Run Lights Up For Charity — 660 News, Aug 13, 2011Runners will light up the night sky for charity in Calgary. Starting at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday… [more]
- Energizer Night Race Set For Saturday — Calgary Herald, August 11, 2011The Energizer Night Race is a unique take on running that starts at sunset… [more]
- Energizer Night Race Lights Up Canada — Bloomberg, August 3, 2011Energizer® Canada brings new meaning to the Northern Lights with the arrival of the Energizer Night Race… [more]
- Energizer Night Run for a Brighter World — MSN.comEnergizer wil samen met One Million Lights zorgen voor veilige en gezonde… [more]
- Lopen in het donker voor meer licht — Knack Weekend, 12 juli 2011Op 16 september wordt in Antwerpen de eerste Energizer Night Run op Belgische bodem georganiseerd… [more]