Sending Light to a War-Torn Region
In this dark part of the world, we’re trying to do our part to light up lives
One Million Lights is partnering with Trust in Education on a number of projects that will bring light to some incredibly impoverished communities, including two refugee camps, a remote village, hundreds of street children, and our currently featured project, a girl’s school soon to be finished.
Trust in Education began in 2003 and is now providing education, health care, reconstruction, and economic programs to several Afghan villages, including 4 schools, 2 refugee camps, and hundreds of street children.
Join us in sending light to this community in need!
Girl’s School in Afghanistan
Need: $9,800 / Solar Lights: 350
Learn More About It:
- Zohra’s School for Girls is in the process of being built in the village of Farza, Afghanistan, and will open next school year
- Need 350 lights for students at this all girls school, the only schooling opportunity allowed for girls in this village
- Partnered with Trust in Education for distribution
- There are 3 more schools at which TiE and OML would like to provide light, for a total of 1,000 lights
- The students of Farza have been drastically affected by the war in Afghanistan. Many of these students live with their families in refugee camps and go without food regularly. They have been able to attend school and participate in extracurricular programs thanks to TiE.